Mental health conditions in perinatal patients
Pregnancy and the postpartum period can exacerbate existing mental health conditions, or cause new ones to appear. We’ve compiled information about the most common perinatal psychiatric disorders, including common symptoms, treatment options, and other relevant tools and resources.
Community organizations supporting healthcare professionals
- Georgia Maternal Health ECHO
- Provides a virtual community learning platform for clinicians and community advocates to collaborate on the implementation of solutions to address maternal mortality and severe morbidity in our state.
- Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies Coalition of Georgia
- Working to improve access to prenatal and preventive healthcare for thousands of women, children and families in Georgia through direct service, collaborative advocacy and community education.
Resources to share with your perinatal patients
- PEACE for Moms Patient Skills Groups
- We facilitate several virtual group programs for pregnant and postpartum birthing parents that address perinatal mental health issues and teach coping skills. Through provider referral only.
- Medication fact sheets from MotherToBaby
- Quick, easy-to-understand information about how medications and other exposures may impact pregnancy and breastfeeding
Help spread the word
Help us spread the word about PEACE for Moms and other mental healthcare resources in Georgia. Download a variety of handouts, office signage, and other digital documents to share information with patients and your peers.